Monday 5 May 2008

Blue Skies and Barcelona

I went to Barcelona for the May Day long weekend just gone, I'm not going to say anything yet, hopefully I'll get something up in the next few days. It was definitely one of the best holidays I've had over here so far though, mainly because the weather was so perfect. Those of you living in Australia forget what it's like to go for months on end with only sporadic blue skies. You forget how beautiful just a plain, clear blue sky can be and it is only when you have such good weather for 4 days in a row, with no sign of a cloud at all, that you realise just how much you've missed that. It's weird how something so simple can make you feel so good too, perhaps I've been lacking Vitamin D in the past few weeks. I certainly overdosed on it this past weekend.

Just to give you some idea of what it has been like, here in Paris I have suddenly gone from wearing 4 layers to one, in just a weekend. This tells you that we have basically just had winter until now and suddenly it is summer. That's one awfully long winter. I hope the summer is as good as the winter was bad, that's only fair right?

The photo to the left is just a teaser for what's coming, I took it in the botanic gardens. I couldn't make myself go into any art galleries the weather was that good, you guys living in Australia perhaps can't appreciate how beautiful that blue is when you haven't seen anything like it in months.

No comments: