Monday 19 May 2008

Flowers

I went for a massive walk around Montserrat, which you can find out about in one of my coming posts. I noticed that I took heaps of photos of flowers on the good old macro lens and so I thought I would just put them all together here. So if you don't like extreme close-ups of flowers then you can skip this post and go straight to the pictures of weird rock formations and hermit hovels in the next post.

I have no idea what any of these flowers are and any Europeans/Spanish reading this are probably thinking "what's she doing taking all these photos of weeds?" But I liked these wild flowers (or weeds) and having grown up in the tropics we don't have such an abundance of flowers that you get in more temperate climates.





I'm sure this flower is definitely a weed as it seems to grow everywhere in Spain, but I really liked the crinkly texture of the petals.
























Yes, this is a dandelion head (I think) so not really a flower (at least at the moment) and also a weed.















Don't know what this one is, but I like the glossy red.















Another weed, blue this time.

No comments: