Sunday 30 March 2008

Okay, so this may be a bit gross

If you don't like stories about skin rashes or insects then I suggest you don't read any further, you have been warned.

So it turns out old College Franco-Britannique has given me scabies (those are the skin mites that generally nurses, homeless people, remote communities and now CFB residents suffer from). Thank you College Franco-Britannique! I can handle the lack of hot water and heating in the middle of winter, the patchy internet service, the almost weekly fire alarms, but getting skin mites (I don't like calling them scabies) is really on a whole other level. Thank god I have 2 beds in my room, it means I can quarantine one whilst I sleep on the scabies free one, before swapping over once they wash my sheets. It certainly makes me look forward to getting out of this place. At first I wasn't sure it was scabies, I had taken the treatment but there seemed to have been no improvement. I am only posting this as today, 2 weeks after the pills, that there is actually a noticeable improvement in my rash. Scabies are horrible, in fact they get heaps worse after you take the pills, I'm talking waking up in the middle of the night to have a scratch worse. But anyway the rash finally seems to be subsiding, but is in no way even close to being totally gone, I just hope I haven't jinxed it and that it comes back with a vengeance tomorrow. Never get scabies, you have been warned!!

Perhaps this was too much information for people, I bet you are all dying to visit me now. Come to Paris for the wonderful sights, leave for the insidious skin mites. Hey, at least there are no photos with this post :)

No comments: